- Last Updated on 03:01 PM 07/31/10
- BY Staff
A 47-year-old South Boston man is facing seven felony charges, including five drug charges, according to Halifax County Sheriff’s Office records.
Dwight Dean Roberts of Philpott Road was charged with five felony counts of distribution of a controlled substance. Those offenses allegedly occurred Feb. 24, Feb. 25, March 11 and two on March 13.
Roberts also was charged with one felony count of child neglect and one felony count of possession of a firearm after being a convicted felon. Those offenses allegedly occurred March 13.
Deputy T. A. Mocarsky of the Halifax/South Boston Regional Narcotics and Gang Task Force served the warrants Wednesday.
• Kevin James Lacks, 21, Mount Laurel Road, Clover, was charged with nine felony counts of grand larceny.
Two of the offenses allegedly occurred July 13, two allegedly occurred July 14, three allegedly occurred July 19, and the other two allegedly occurred July 20 and 21.
Sgt. T. C. Spencer served the warrants Tuesday.
• Arlisha Shamia Byrd, 19, West End Street, Brookneal, was charged with felony embezzlement of leased property.
The offense allegedly occurred March 3, and Halifax Police Lt. D. D. Irby served the warrant Tuesday.
• Humberto Garcia Nunez, 28, Jones Trail, Vernon Hill, was charged with misdemeanor drunk in public.
The offense allegedly occurred Tuesday, and Deputy S. W. Gilliam served the warrant that night.
• Daniel Shawn Lowery, 48, Norwood Avenue, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor drunk in public.
The offense allegedly occurred Tuesday, and Cpl. P. C. Clayton served the warrant that night.
• Randall Blair Bowen, 30, Cemetery Road, Virgilina, was charged with misdemeanor failure to appear in court.
The offense allegedly occurred July 21, and Deputy W. G. Nunn served the warrant Tuesday.
• Vincent Morrel Williams, 41, Bane Street, South Boston, was served a capias alleging he violated the terms of his probation.
The offense allegedly occurred April 16 of last year, and Deputy J. P. Adams served the capias Tuesday.