YourGV.com

Friday, Apr 18th

Last updateFri, 18 Apr 2014 7am

You are here: Home News Local News Missing Man Found Safe In Bedford County

Missing Man Found Safe In Bedford County

An 82-year-old South Boston man missing since Monday was found safe late Tuesday in Bedford County, according to the Halifax County Sheriff’s Department.

Major Thomas Logan said Charles Lewis Coleman was located around 11 p.m. Tuesday evening in Bedford County by Deputy Mike Abbott.

According to Logan, a BOL (be on the lookout) had been issued for Coleman with a description of the vehicle he was driving when he was last seen Monday leaving a revival service at Spanish Grove Baptist Church.

Deputy Abbott had received the BOL and pulled Coleman’s vehicle over, Logan continued.

Coleman did not appear to be ill and appeared to be in good spirits, Logan said, adding his son and family were notified and subsequently came to Bedford County to be reunited with Coleman.

Logan cited media broadcasts of the BOL as being instrumental in Coleman being located so quickly.

“We got plenty of calls after the BOL was aired, and this turned out to be a happy ending,” Logan said.