- Last Updated on 12:00 AM 05/07/10
- BY Staff
Halifax County Sheriff’s deputies are investigating three recent larcenies, according to Sheriff Stanley Noblin. A Mecklenburg Electric Cooperative representative reported the theft of 507 feet of cooper and steel wire valued at approximately $190, Noblin said.
Deputy J. P. Adams is the investigating officer.
A Yamaha Blaster 4X2 ATV was stolen from the Union Church Road property of Keisha Betts sometime over the past few days, the sheriff said. Betts reported the ATV was parked beside her house before it went missing, Noblin added.
Sgt. D. H. Barksdale is investigating.
Someone stole a radio from a vehicle belonging to Howard Cole of Golf Course Road, the sheriff said.
Cole was attending a softball game at the Mary Bethune Complex and had left his vehicle unlocked when the radio was stolen, he explained.
Investigator T. R. Spencer is in charge of this investigation.
Anyone with information about any of these crimes is asked to call the sheriff’s office at 434-476-3334.
• In other law enforcement matters, a Clover woman is facing a felony drug charge, according to sheriff’s office records.
Margaret Mary Clay of John Henry Brown Road was charged with felony possession of a controlled substance. She also was charged with misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia.
The offenses allegedly occurred Wednesday, and Deputy T. H. Clarke served the warrants that night.
• Fernandez Olestine Bruce, 49, Bold Springs Road, South Boston, was charged with five misdemeanor counts of inflicting injury to an animal.
The offenses allegedly occurred April 16, and Cpl. P. C. Clayton served the warrants Tuesday.
• Roy Preston Conner, 46, Love Shop Road, South Boston, was charged with two misdemeanor counts of vandalism-damaging property belonging to another.
The offenses allegedly occurred Monday, and Deputy Adams served the warrants Tuesday.
• April Hankins, 31, Summit Drive, South Boston, was charged with misdemeanor assault and battery.
The offense allegedly occurred Tuesday, and Deputy T. B. Sargent served the warrant Wednesday.
• Annie K. Overby, 64, Hites Mill Road, Virgilina, was charged with misdemeanor making threats to another person over the telephone.
The offense allegedly occurred March 11, and Cpl. C. S. Yeatts served the warrant Wednesday.