- Last Updated on 12:00 AM 05/07/10
- BY Staff
A 28-year-old Nathalie man, Jaysen Lee Grove, was convicted last Friday in Halifax County Circuit Court of abduction and misdemeanor assault and battery, following a bench trial. The court dismissed a charge against the defendant during the trial for attempted aggravated sexual battery of a child.
The court revoked Grove’s prior bond and remanded him to custody following the trial to await sentencing, which is set for a date later in the current court term.
Other Court Cases
• Niles (Chip) Donett Villines, 45, of South Boston pleaded guilty last Friday to eight drug-related charges, including four for possession with intent to distribute cocaine, and four for conspiracy to distribute cocaine.
The court sentenced Villines to 10 years in prison for each of the eight charges, with all suspended but two years and four months conditioned on Villines’ good behavior for 80 years.
The court ordered Villines placed on probation for two years following his release and to abstain from illegal drugs and submit to random drug tests, in addition to suspending his operator’s license six months for each drug charge.
• Michael Antwan Henderson, 23, of Halifax, was convicted last Friday of a probation violation.
The court revoked 12 months of his previously suspended prison sentence conditioned on his good behavior for 15 years to begin after the 12-month jail term is served.
The court also ordered Henderson placed on probation for 18 months.
• Raymond Stephen Jackson, 37, of Nathalie had two charges against him nol prossed last Friday by the Commonwealth.
Charges nol prossed included those for the misdemeanor assault and battery of Thomas B. Holland and a third offense of the assault and battery of a family/household member within 20 years.
• Kevin Wayne Thomas, 45, of Dobson, N.C. pleaded guilty last Friday to a first offense of DUI in a misdemeanor appeal case.
The court sentenced Thomas to a 12-month suspended jail term conditioned on his good behavior for 12 months, ordered him to perform 50 hours of community service through Halifax-Pittsylvania Court Services and ordered a restricted operator’s license for 12 months.
• Larry Michael Throckmorton, 36, of South Boston was convicted last Friday of a probation violation.
The court revoked 12 months of Throckmorton’s previously suspended prison sentence with work release authorized, and the court ordered Throckmorton placed on probation for one year upon his release.
The court ordered the defendant to undergo substance abuse counseling and treatment, maintain employment and pay court-ordered restitution and court costs.
• Johnnie Ray Tolson, 54, of Manassas Park pleaded no contest last Friday to speeding 76/55 MPH zone in a misdemeanor appeal case.
The court subsequently convicted Tolson of speeding 74/55 MPH zone.