- Last Updated on 11:17 PM 04/22/10
- BY Katherine Lee Francis/Staff Intern
Participants are getting geared up for the 52nd Annual Halifax County Junior Livestock Show and Sale to be held Monday at 1 p.m. at the Halifax County Fairgrounds.
This year 20 participants will show goats, lambs and steers.
• The following participants are showing replacement ewes: Madison Hall, Leigh-Anne McCormick and Rebecca McCormick.
• The following participants are showing market lambs: Kent Reese, Anna Grace Hall and Madison Hall.
• The following participants are showing replacement doe goats: Caleb Dyer, Jacob Dyer, Libby Fisher, Mallory Fisher, Austin Geesaman, Sara Beth Reese and Rusty Thurston.
• The following are showing market goats: Sarah Beth Reese and Rusty Thurston.
• The following are showing steers: Courtney Garland, Kent Reese and Will Reese.
All of the participants have worked very hard in order to get their animals ready for the show, according to members of the show and sale committee who expressed appreciation to everyone who has helped make this show and sale possible, including two of the biggest show contributors, Farm Bureau and Farm Credit.
Much background work has gone into making the Halifax County Junior Livestock Show and Sale possible by committee members who have worked since August to prepare for this year’s show and sale.
Committee members, comprised of former participants, parents of former participants and supporters of agriculture, have met monthly for the past eight months working on details including contacting former participants and spreading the word to potential newcomers.
Show and sale organizers say they are always looking for an extra pair of hands in order to make the show successful.
Anyone interested in helping in any way is asked to contact the Virginia Corporative Extension office at (434) 476-2147.
The public is encouraged to attend the 52nd Annual Halifax County Junior Livestock Show and Sale Monday at the Halifax County Fairgrounds and cheer on and support the participants.