- Last Updated on 12:59 PM 05/27/12
- BY Shelia Bradley/Special to The Gazette
The region’s most famous summer experience is back in town on July 27.
In keeping with a long-standing tradition, and one that made Halifax County famous, the ‘Lope Fest is going back to beach music this year with the sounds of the fantastic Legends of Beach.
While the band name may not be as famous as their members’ names, we know you’re gonna recognize the sound of Jackie Gore belting “I Love Beach Music,” probably the most famous beach music song of all time.
Lope Fest is different this year in more ways than music.
New announcements will be made as soon as all the contracts are finalized, but suffice it to say, things are going to get revved up a notch, and we expect a sell-out this year.
Only 2,500 tickets will be sold.
Tickets go on sale on June 1 for $30 online, www.valopefest.com.
If you prefer to buy a ticket the old-fashioned way, it will cost you $35, still a great deal. Tickets are available at:
South Boston/Halifax County
• Halifax County Chamber of Commerce - 515 Broad Street, South Boston, 434-572-3085
• South Boston/Halifax County Visitors Center - 1180 Bill Tuck Highway, South Boston, , 434-572-2543
• Triangle Florist - 3 S. Main Street, Halifax, 434-476-7246
• Danville/Pittsylvania County Chamber of Commerce - 8653 US Highway 29, Blairs, 434-836-6990
• WAKG/WBTM - 710 Grove St., Danville, , 434-793-4449 or 434-793-4411
• Clarksville Lake Country Chamber of Commerce - 105 2nd Street, Clarksville, 434-374-2436
• Roxboro Area Chamber of Commerce - 211 N. Main Street, Roxboro, NC 336-599-8333
For additional information, call the Halifax County Chamber of Commerce at 434-572-3085 or visit them online at http://www.halifaxchamber.net/.