- Last Updated on 12:49 PM 07/17/12
- BY Special to the Gazette
One lucky person attending the annual Virginia Cantaloupe Festival will win tickets for a cruise to the Bahamas.
But the only place to register is at the Halifax County Fairgrounds during the festival on Friday, July 27, beginning at 5 p.m., according to Kimley Blanks, festival publicity chair.
The winner’s name will be drawn and announced that evening at 9 p.m., Blanks said
The Bud Light Port Paradise Music Festival is a four day/three night experience on a state-of-the-art chartered cruise ship set to sail Nov. 16-19.
The cruise will take the lucky winner to Nassau, Bahamas and Coco Cay Island.
The prize package includes: Round trip airfare for the winner and a guest; double occupancy ship accommodations for three nights; transfers to and from ship; all inclusive food, beverage and gratuities on board the ship; and admission to a two-day, private concert on a private island.
All who register must be 21 years of age or older, Blanks said.
“So get your tickets to the Virginia Lope Fest and take your chances with everyone else. You could walk away that night with a dream vacation in the sun,” she added.
For more information about the annual event, check out www.valopefest.com or Like them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/valopefest.
“Don’t forget to get your official Lope Fest T-shirt,” Blanks said.
Tickets may be purchased for the festival at:
• Halifax County Chamber of Commerce – 515 Broad Street, South Boston, 434-572-3085
• South Boston/Halifax County Visitors Center – 1180 Bill Tuck Hwy., South Boston, 434-572-2543
• Triangle Florist – 3 S. Main Street, Halifax, 434-476-7246
• Danville / Pittsylvania Chamber of Commerce – 8653 US Highway 29, Blairs, VA 434-836-6990
• WAKG / WBTM – 710 Grove Street, Danville, VA 434-797-4290
• Clarksville Lake Country Chamber of Commerce – 105 2nd Street, Clarksville, 434-374-2436
• Roxboro Area Chamber of Commerce – 211 N. Main Street, Roxboro, NC 336-599-8333